Guide To Military Benefits
ACHS: Who are we?
Founded in New Zealand in 1978, ACHS opened its doors in the United States in 1989. Today, ACHS remains one of the few accredited colleges specializing in online holistic health education, offering undergraduate and graduate certificate, diploma, and degree programs and professional continuing education.
How Does ACHS Support Military Students?
- Our Amazing Military Department -Stephanie North -Amanda Heller
- Top Military Friendly® School since 2009
- 20% of our current student population are using Veteran Benefits
- 10% of our faculty and staff are either Veterans or Military Family Members
Faculty Perspective: Abbey Skinner
- Was a student at ACHS
- Used Tuition Assistance (2006-2008)
- Veteran Instructors at ACHS make up 10% of total faculty and staff
- Veteran Students at ACHS make up 20% of total students
- ACHS Ranking: Top 60 - #52! https://www.intelligent.com/best-online-military-friendly-colleges/
The VA & Holistic Health!
- VA implemented the Whole Health Program in 2018
- Circle of Health (pictured)
- Complementary and Integrative Health (CIH) Modalities
- Acupuncture, biofeedback, hypnosis, chiropractic, massage, meditation, yoga, etc.
How Are My Benefits Paid?
Paid Directly to the Institution:
- Ch 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)
- Ch 31 (VA Voc Rehab)
- Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship
- Military TA Assistance
Paid Directly to the Student:
- Ch 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)
- Ch 35 (Survivors & Dependents Education “DEA” Benefits)
ACHS Grad & Veteran: Pam Chavez
- ACHS Graduate and Veteran
- Used Ch 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)
Required Documents for Admissions & Enrollment
- Online application
- Proof of identity, (cannot accept military ID)
- ALL official college transcripts, including military transcripts.
- JST or Community College of the Airforce
- If no prior college, HS/GED
- A current copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- VA Rights and Responsibility
- Ch 31: Counselor contact information, ie name, email, phone number, address
- For MyCAA: approval & voucher
- For Ch 31: approval sent to us by your counselor via Tungston
- For Tuition Assistance: approval & voucher
Commonly Asked Questions
Each question below is answered in the webinar recording:
- How long until the VA pays my tuition and fees?
- How does the housing stipend work?
- I have Post 9/11 Benefits. How do I get Yellow Ribbon?
- Why haven’t I received my stipend checks yet?
- Will my VA education benefits pay for every class that I want to take?
- I want to attend a local campus while I work towards my ACHS degree. Can I have classes at both campuses covered with Post 9/11?
- My GI Bill will be exhausted in mid-semester. Will the VA pay for the whole semester?
- How can I find out how many months of education benefits I have remaining?
- What do I need to provide to use my benefits at ACHS?
Contact Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Military Dept: email@example.com Contact Stephanie: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Amanda: email@example.com VA: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551) By “Ask a Question” site: https://gibill.custhelp.va.gov/