American College of Healthcare Sciences
Live life empowered by knowledge.
American College of Healthcare Sciences is a world-renowned accredited online college. Our mission is driven by the principles and vision of our president, Dorene Petersen, who founded the college in 1978 as a pioneer in holistic health education. We award degrees, diplomas, and certificates in Integrative Health, Aromatherapy, Holistic Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, and an MBA with Specializations in Integrative Health & Wellness and Sustainable Business.
Watch the video recording of
"Plastic Free DIY: Making a Lotion Bar"
Ashley will be showing you how to make your own lotion bar and talking about how important it is to know what ingredients are in your skincare products. She will also share about how it is important to be aware of what you are putting on your skin because it is the biggest organ of the body.
Enjoy and share our free online Continuing Education (CE) classes. We want to do all we can to help during these difficult times and have made these resources free. Together we are amazingly strong, resilient, and educated!
View ACHS's guidance on essential oil safety and best practices in our Ebook Essential Oil Safety Guidelines.
Holistic Health Blog
The ACHS blog covers all aspects of holistic health and wellness - Aromatherapy, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Nutrition, Coaching, Wellness, and more!
Enjoy these free essential oil blend recipes:
Calm is Contagious Blend
- Lavender Lavandula angustifolia oil: 20 drops
- Ylang ylang Cananga odorata var. genuina essential oil: 15 drops
- Marjoram Origanum majorana essential oil: 10 drops
- Neroli Citrus aurantium var. amara essential oil: 2 drops Directions: You will need a separate empty bottle to blend the oils together in. Blend all the oils and shake well. Please note, the marjoram essential oil in this formula can be substituted with Roman chamomile or clary sage essential oil.
Clear Mind Roll On
- Peppermint Mentha ×piperita (L.) oil: 5 drops
- Lavender Lavendula officinalis oil: 5 drops
- Eucalyptus Eucalyptus globulus oil: 5 drops
- Lemon Citrus limonum oil: 5 drops
- Carrier oil or blend of oils of your choice: 1 Tablespoon (4 % dilution ratio)
Directions: Blend the essential oils and carrier oil in a glass beaker or another glass container that is easy to pour from. Fill a 1 or 10ml roll-on bottle and roll on to any tight areas on your shoulders, neck, and temples. Do not get it near your eyes. If there is any blend left over, store it in a glass bottle or jar with a lid.